The appellation of reliability, class and elegance; Saudi Airline is the flag carrier airline of Saudi Arab and the third largest airline of the Middle East in terms of revenue after Qatar Airways and Emirates. The airline has been bestowing best services and amazing flights since 7 decades as it was founded in 1945. Saudi Airline has keep on leaping up and up as it receives increment in its passenger percentage almost every year, making it 25th largest airline of the world.
Why choose Saudi Airline? The airline is known for its excellent on- board services and extravagance in- flight amenities that are designed in a way to comfort the passengers to maximum. The airline does not believe in frequent changes and that is the reason a passenger receives an equal and comfortable treatment both in the plane and up in the air.
Saudi airline has a huge fleet size of 184 young aircrafts that are all ready to glide higher than skies. The airline currently has been providing its services to 89 destinations all across the world.
Popular routes of Saudi Airline include flights from Jeddah to Madinah, Jeddah to Dammam and Jeddah to Riyadh.
The baggage policy varies in domestic and International flights.
For Domestic Flights
- Checked baggage allowanceFor First and Business class passengers, the weight of 1 piece of bag must not exceeds up to 32 kg whereas the baggage allowance for Guest class is 23 kg and maximum weight must be not more than 32 kg. Passengers with excess baggage have to pay SAR 73.5. For infant ticket, the maximum baggage is 1 piece of 23 kg where excess baggage is not allowed. The dimensions of the bags must not exceed from 158 cm.
- Carry-on baggage: The carry- on baggage weight must not exceed up to 7 kg with dimensions of 115 cm.
For International Flights
- Checked baggage allowance: The baggage allowance for First and Business class is 2 pieces of 32 kg where Guest class/ Economy class are permitted to take-in 2 pieces of 23 kg weight. Free baggage allowance for infant is as same as of economy class i.e. 23 kg where excess baggage is forbidden to take-in.
- Gold or Silver Al Fursan members and SkyTeam Elite/ Elite Plus members are permitted to take an extra piece of luggage weighing not more than 32 kg while being on First or Business class. Economy class members can take an extra piece of luggage with weight not more than 23 kg.
- The baggage dimensions must not exceed up to 62 inches or 158 cm.
- Carry-on baggage: Carry-on baggage weight must not exceed up to 9 kg for First and Business class and its weight must be 7 kg for Guest Class. Dimensions of all hand baggages must be 115 cm. It is recommended to take such a bag that can be fit in closed overhead rack or under the seat in front of the passenger. Cabin baggage is advised to be tagged o hat in case of misfortune, can be found out easily.
Some perks with Saudi Airline
- Special service; Time to think: This offer is literally the one that cannot be found at any other airline. ‘Time to Think’ is a limit service where an extension is provided to the passenger. The traveler can hold his seat or we can say reserve his seat for a period of time without change in fares or extra fee.
- Loyalty programme: The programme named as ‘Al Fursan’ Loyalty Programme is a reward or a remuneration for the travelers who fly frequently with the airline. Whenever they fly, their points are added and after that, these points help to have a good enough discount in next flights.
- In-flight magazine: Saudi Arabian Airlines has an in- flight magazine called Ahlan Wasahlan (meaning Hello and Welcome). The magazine has a lot to entertain you during your otherwise boring flight.
- Fly your own: A special feature of Saudia ALBAYRAQ flights is to deliver configuration in association with “Saudia Private Aviation” that endeavor a chance to the passengers to feel like flying their own jet.
- Entertainment: The in-flight entertainment includes a personalized touchscreen video screen with lots of channels, an electronic mall for ordering items and also Holy Quran recitals. The prayer room is also present in the plane where Muslim passengers can pray.
- Meals: fresh and crispy meals are always presented in front of passengers so that they can eat fresh and stay fresh. The cuisine is delicious with world-standard meals and intercontinental menus primed with utmost hygiene and safety standards.
- Other Services: Saudi Airlines other major services includes;
Providence of amenity kits
Services for special needs passengers