Flights To India
The glory of Mughals, the land of culinary creations and the acreage of startling contrasts, a visit to India will satisfy all of your curiosity about this vibrant territory.
India is a diverse country with so much going on inside it. The world’s 7th largest nation in terms of area and second largest one by population, India has an affluent culture to explore. Once you are in India, you will find a lot to do and see here, especially the cultural differences within the country; all thanks to centuries of different nations and religions leaving their marks. From glorious Taj Mahal to unique and tasteful foods of Lucknow, it will be fun to visit India for sure.
Attractions of India
- Taj Mahal, Agra: Calling Taj Mahal the emblem of the country would not be wrong because this whitish beauty is what allures the tourists most. Taj Mahal was built as a symbol of love by a Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan for his wife Mumtaz. The beautiful building of this Mahal (castle) was begun upon the death of Mumtaz in 1631 and took 22 years to get completed. Assimilated with elements of Islamic art including arches, minarets, domes and black calligraphy makes this place a worth visiting site.
- Golden temple of Amritsar: Founded in 1557, this temple is the largest temple of India and the second most prestigious site for Sikh community after Nankana Sahib (Pakistan). The temple serves as a tourist destination because of its spellbinding gold decoration.
- The Red Fort, New Delhi: While in India, you will come through a lot of historic places; Red Fort one of being them. This Fort too, was built by Shah Jahan. The fun part is to visit the Chatta Chowk that is a bazaar selling everything and anything you want.
- The beaches of Goa: Goa has many beaches and so is a perfect hanging spot for the tourists. When you are in Goa, make sure to visit Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary that is home to many animals that will make you to love nature even more.
- The Ellora Caves, Aurangabad: The caves were built by Buddhists, Jain and Hindu monks and are a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The caves are a perfect blend of many religions representation.
- The holy city of Varanasi: The Mecca to Hindus, Varanasi is considered the holiest city of the country. The city has been associated with the Ganges River that is religious symbol of Hinduism. If you see a lot of people taking bath in the river, then don't be shocked or surprised because in Hindu religion, taking bath in the Ganges River is considered as washing away sins.
Airlines operating flights to India
American Airlines, United Airlines, Lufthansa, Air Canada, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Etihad Airways, Jet Airways, Thomas Cook, Swiss International, Jet Airways, Oman Airs, Turkish Airline, Emirates and Air India are the major airlines that bestow flights to India from UK. As the flights are hauled, it is recommended to pack everything you need in your carry bag so that your flight will be comfortable. All these airlines are good enough to travel with but taking a thorough look before booking will be helpful for a much clearer idea about the airlines.
Flight duration from UK to India
The average time to fly from UK to India
is 8 hours although it varies from city to city. It will take 13 hours and 30 minutes to fly from London to Goa, 8 hours and 50 minutes from Manchester to Mumbai, 7 hours and 55 minutes from Birmingham to New Delhi and it will take 13 hours and 45 minutes to fly form Glasgow to Goa.
Airports serving flights in UK and India
Main airports in UK include London City Airport, London Luton, London Gatwick, London Stansted, London Heathrow, Birmingham International, Manchester International and Glasgow International Airport. Your flight will be landed on New Delhi Airport, Mumbai Airport or Goa Airport. There are though many airports in the country but the major airports receiving flights form UK are the three mentioned above.
Cheapest flight via Elite Travels
If you are planning a smooth journey this season but don't have an idea whom to contact? Elite Travels is the answer of your call. We completely know how to tackle our customer's travelling concerns and aim to deliver nothing but best. Travel with Elite Travels
and have the most comfortable journey of your life with us.